Monday, July 25, 2005

Bon Voyage

First of all, bon voyage to Lance Armstrong who did indeed win his 7th consecutive and last Tour de France yesterday. We expected it but, especially on the wet cobblestones of Paris, we held our collective breath. All he had to do was finish the race to win. And he did! Bravo. With his retirement from the Tour this year, it'll take awhile before it'll seem as exciting, I'm afraid. May he find rewarding pursuits in his "life after!"

It is fitting that both Donica and I now leave for same Paris today on our way back to Hannover, Germany. This will be a short stint of only 3 weeks before returning on August 12. As a matter of fact, we'll be gone through almost the entirety of Mercury Retrograde (July 22 - August 15), during which time it's good to tie up loose ends, do research and finish what we've started. So my goal is to hunker down to learn some greeting-card and PhotoShop software we've installed on the laptop, as well as to work hard on learning German through the Pimsleur CDs we've had for months.

AND to research the possibility of my re-entering the massage-therapy field once I return home! It's been 7 years since I sold my table and stopped that side business when we moved into our house here in north Atlanta. Now that I'm retired, it may be exactly what I'm looking for to make some pocket money. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, bon voyage to all of us who are travelling or moving from one endeavor to another. Many family and friends are between jobs right now. Journeying mercies and happy trails to one and all. You especially, Ruth, as you're in London during these days of turmoil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...