Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Wax On, Wax Off

OK, so I'm not the Karate Kid, but all day as I painted, I felt like I was in that rhythm of painting up, painting down and breathing in, breathing out. I love to paint. Something therapeutic about it.

True to my promise, I painted Nicholas' room first (and only, thus far!). I had great expectations to get his AND Amy's bedroom done today but after 7 hours of painting just Nicholas' room, two coats of roller paint and then the cutting-in, I called it a day. Amy and Nicholas came over after work to see the end result and loved it.

As Amy said, in her cute self-congratulatory way, she sure knows how to pick the colors! Nicholas always wants blue of anything, so she picked out this gorgeous Storm Cloud blue. I kid you not, it's the exact same color as the Honda Accord I had 15 years ago and I called it "storm-cloud blue." I love storm clouds; I love storm-cloud blue. So I was in a special "zone" all day.

Tomorrow I start Amy's bedroom: Latte! Don't get me started on latte! If I was in a zone today, I'll be on my way to heaven tomorrow! (It doesn't take much to make me happy!)

6 comments:

  1. A thanks (I think?) and a Hmmm. "The requested URL was not found on this server" so I wasn't able to check out your two mecca systems. If you come back, please tell me who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Aunt Boots. that was comment SPAM. i would email the blogger folks and see what kind of filter you can get for this site. i went to great lengths to rid my site of it, but am finally 99% clear. at one time i was getting about 400 spam comments a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, Nate, I was gonna ask you about that possibility! Do I assume correctly that maybe Blogger already has a filter in place because of the "URL not found" message? Or are you saying I wouldn't get the comment at all with a filter? Thanks for the heads-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latte sounds like what I want for our guest room . . can you mail me a sample? Just paint a piece of paper? :)

    I love designing with color.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now know how to delete spam but have elected to keep this string of comments as a "point in history" for me!

    ReplyDelete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...