Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Thank-You

She has always known exactly how to say Thank You! That's Amy. For her townhouse painting project she gave me an hour's massage at Spa Sydell, of which I took advantage today. I got there early enough to sit in the Sweat Lodge, opening up my pores to release all the toxic waste of the past weeks to the Great Spirit: the long hours of painting, the hurricane, the suicide attempt, the psychotherapy, the failed marriage, the lost job, all the pain.

And I cried. Massage cleanses on so many levels. It reminded me of why I want to be a massage therapist once again. Maybe yet this year.

Thank you, indeed!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to do this before your trip! And while I know you don't feel I "owe" you anytyhing, this very small gift doesn't come close to properly thanking you for the REAL gift you've given me. Thank you AGAIN AND AGAIN for making my home MY home through color. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you're welcome. It was certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boots, I loved this post. I could relate to wanting a way to release the griefs, so I'm very glad you had that gift.

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...