Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween's Face

Amy's photos were sent to me while I slept last night (6 hours behind Hannover time) and were awaiting me when I woke up this morning. True to her promise! She knows I hate it when I miss these milestones.

The lit-up pumpkin picture didn't turn out, so I'm having to use my imagination on that last pumpkin-carving post. But here's Darth Vader! Ugh! Seeing my 5-year-old grandson looking like Darth Vader in miniature is a bit too creepy for me. However, when I saw him laser-playing with his fellow Vader friend, with the playful smiles underneath, I relaxed (Nicholas is on the right, the smaller of the two, even though a couple months older). Then I wondered if this was the "it" costume this year.

Underneath the masks we all wear, I wonder what we really look like? Wouldn't it be nice to think that more often than not they're smiling, having-fun faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...