Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Survival

Based on how many times this Thanksgiving e-card from American Greetings has come to my InBox, I'm quite sure it has been around the world several times by now. So if you're sick of it, hang on a minute. That's not why I'm sending it.

The original "I Will Survive" song by Gloria Gaynor may be in my top-5 songs ever because of my daughter, Amy. As early as grade school, she had quite the knack of imitating just about anything she ever saw or heard and could keep me in stitches long enough to make my back hurt from laughing too hard. And she knew it. I guess I egged her on.

By high school and college, as relationships came and went, this became (for me) her "signature" song. Whenever I hear it, I picture her jiving to it like it was going out of style. In fact, once at the Herrenhäuser Gärten in Hannover not long ago, when the song was blasting over the loud speaker, we actually called Amy in Atlanta so she could hear it and know we were thinking of her.

Okay, so I'm crazy. But I, too, am a survivor. (The apple didn't fall far from the tree!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...