Thursday, December 08, 2005

Marktkirche Wonderland

The old churches of Europe simply amaze me totally apart from Christmas! But when you add the particular nuance of them as centerpieces for the Christmas Markets, they're entralling!

Hannover's Marktkirche is no exception. Last Sunday I took the outside photos. Last evening I took the inside photos of the lightshow. Notice how the outside shot below shows the blue of the lightshow through the window, something I didn't notice till I saw the photo enlarged.

When we got home last night Donica asked if this one-week stint this time in Germany was worth it. Absolutely! I can think of several things that in and of themselves were worth it, like the Native-American musicians of yesterday's post and this lightshow post today.

Sometimes the simplest of ideas are the ones that cause the most wonder. They may exist but for a moment in time but last forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...