Thursday, December 01, 2005

Up Up and Away (Again)

Tonight at 9:35p I leave for Paris, arriving in Hannover tomorrow afternoon. Donica follows on Saturday, arriving on Sunday. (The frequent-flyer-mile scheduling almost never matches hers!)

This is a short trip for only a week, returning next Friday the 9th. But as I was telling someone yesterday, all the time I ever had for a trip before I was retired was a week at a time. So I'm spoiled now by the longer trips but this one will still be definitely worth it. A nice early Christmas gift!

Donica wants me to see the Christkindlmarkt in Hannover which is at Christmastime, of course, thus this trip for me now, Donica's last of the year. I'm sure you'll soon be seeing things through my eyes here on this blog!

Till then, Tschüß (bye) for now.

[Now is when those sidebar clocks and temps will come in handy!]

**********



On a different note altogether, don't forget that today is World AIDS Day, the international day of action on HIV and AIDS which takes place every year on 1 December.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ginnie,

    I stopped by to thank you for your kind comments on my photos and compliment you on your handsome and thoughtful blog.

    By the time you read this, you'll be back from your trip. I hope you had a wonderful time and that you post lots of photos of Paris.

    Best regards,
    SteveR

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hannover Christmas market is beautiful this year. We went last week and really enjoyed it. Make sure you also see the Finnish and Medieval markets - they're so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Steve, and for your compliments. We've got quite a Mutual Admiration Society going,don't we :) It's actually not Paris where I am right now (that was just the connector to Hannover), but don't worry, I get confused coming and going myself!

    And Christina, thanks a million for your recommendations! I just arrived in Hannover an hour ago and can hardly wait to see EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...