Sunday, December 04, 2005

Word Games

Okay, while I'm waiting for Donica to come in the next few hours (delayed by a late flight out of Atlanta) maybe we can still SEE THE CHRISTKINDLMARKT tonight?! We'll see. In the meantime....

Some words are made to roll off the tip of your tongue. DINKELKISSEN is one of them. I love this German word almost more than what it does.

Dink-el-kiss-en. Dinkel is a kind of grain(s?); kissen is a bag/pillow. Put the grain into the bag, pop it into the microwave, and you have what I used to make for massage--a little "heating pad" to warm the muscles. Or in my case now, the cold feet at night! The one I bought here in Hannover last trip isn't as big as the ones in this photo but it does the trick in bed whether Donica's with me or not.

My friend, the dinkelkissen! Or dinkelkisser, or feet-kisser or just plain kisser. HA. Some words are just fun to play with.

Doesn't take much to entertain me while I wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...