Thursday, August 17, 2006

Teach Your Children Well


This CSNY song has been running through my head all morning as I've worked on this post. Our kids are our treasure; we are theirs. Farm Day was a time when it showed all day long. The two-way street. The raw, un-photoshopped album, 300 pics, is done. (I had an epipahny of sorts the other day when I realized that every family unit has at least one member who can crop/edit photos, so I'll let them do it.)


Audrey, Lydia & Eli at Story Time with Aunt Peggy

Did you organize this, Ruth? All the activities for the adults was one thing. The pics show Lesley and Don setting up the volleyball, badmitton, ping-pong and croquet. Oh yes, and the bales of hay for the bonfire. But who organized Peg having story time? And who orchestrated the arts and crafts? And picking blackberries? And coloring with chalk on the driveway?


Ever and Faith

Eli painting a birdhouse & eating his blackberries


Aden, the youngest; Audrey the day after


Eli & Greta watching the tractor; Greta eating

I actually have tears in my eyes as I see these photos all over again. We ARE teaching our children well. They in turn are teaching us. "So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."

That's what Farm Day was all about! Thanks, Don and Ruth (again and again).

[There were 2 other kids, Casey and Sydney, who could have been added to the above photos, since they're of the 3rd generation--kids of our kids. However, since they're older kids, I decided they wouldn't mind. Right, Casey and Sydney?]

12 comments:

  1. Aden bears a striking resemblance to Speedy Gonzalez with that too-big sun hat.

    Thanks for all of your beautiful photos, Aunt Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures of Peggy with the kids (kindergarden teacher for life!!).

    She reminds me of Storybook Lady from You've Got Mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying the different angles you're taking of Farm Day -- literally via your photos, and figuratively via your perspectives in the different posts. I like how you're spreading it out!

    The photo album is so fun, after one viewing. I'm sure I'll go back to it again and again.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manda: Ha. That big hat is exactly what kids need these days. More sun protection the better. That's part of teaching them well! Thanks for your very nice comment. That means a lot.

    Mrs. M/Shari: It was such a delight to watch Peggy and the kids' reaction to her story-telling. She clearly knows what she's doing!

    Ruth: You touch me deeply, as you know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an event! Thanks so much for sharing. Such a lovely family!
    Great job of teaching stewardship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Fab: Yes, indeed!

    Jozee: Stewardship is a good word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, beautiful family!
    The love is so evident!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Mad. I tend to agree, but then, I'm prejudiced :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. The kids seem to have had such a great time! Treasures indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Tim. Yes, you wanna eat them up!

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...